Includes affiliate links that help offset our expenses at no cost to you.
This video shows how I built a portable wood-fired pizza oven that’s inexpensive, easy to build, weighs only 7.5 pounds, and can be carried easily in a backpack. And it makes fantastic pizza too!
Also see our Cooking with Fire event where we used this oven along with some other great fire cooking techniques.
Here are the materials I used to build this oven. I recommend getting these materials locally but in case you can’t, I’ve included links to amazon.com.
- (2) Full-size stainless steel warming pans, 2.5 inches deep
- (4) Threaded rods 5/16″ diameter, 12″long
- (8) Wing nuts, 5/16″
- (8) Hex nuts, 5/16″
- (4) Fender washers, 5/16″
- (1) Roll of stainless steel safety wire
- (1) Pizza stone, 10″ diameter
These are the tools I used for this project, again with links in case you have trouble finding any of these items: