This page may contain sponsored links that help offset our expenses at no cost to you.
This video shows how I built a portable wood-fired pizza oven that’s inexpensive, easy to build, weighs only 7.5 pounds, and can be carried easily in a backpack. And it makes fantastic pizza too!
Also see our Cooking with Fire event where we used this oven along with some other great fire cooking techniques.
Get the Shirt!
Click here to see our Pizza + Fire = Awesome T-Shirt on zazzle.com:
Here are the materials I used to build this oven. I recommend getting these materials locally but in case you can’t, I’ve included links to amazon.com.
- (2) Full-size stainless steel warming pans, 2.5 inches deep
- (4) Threaded rods 5/16″ diameter, 12″long
- (8) Wing nuts, 5/16″
- (8) Hex nuts, 5/16″
- (4) Fender washers, 5/16″
- (1) Roll of stainless steel safety wire
- (1) Pizza stone, 10″ diameter
These are the tools I used for this project, again with links in case you have trouble finding any of these items: